Percy Jackson and the Olympians: The Lightning Thief By Rick Riordan
The Lightning Thief is a 2005 American-fantasy-adventure novel primarily based on Greek mythology, the first younger grownup novel written by Rick Riordan in the Percy Jackson & the Olympians collection. It received the Grownup Library Providers Affiliation Greatest Books for Younger Adults, amongst different awards
The basic first e book about Percy Jackson, the troubled boy who discovers he’s the son of Poseidon, and his adventures with demigods, monsters, and Greek gods.
- This basic by #1 New York Instances finest promoting writer Rick Riordan has offered hundreds of thousands of copies all through the world
- It has appeared on the New York Instances bestseller checklist for greater than 10 years
- Learn in school rooms throughout the US
- Tailored right into a film, a Broadway musical, and quickly, a TV collection on Disney+
- Brings Greek mythology to life for contemporary readers
- Options beloved characters equivalent to Annabeth Chase and Grover the satyr
- Humorous and fast-paced
Percy Jackson is an effective child, however he can’t appear to give attention to his schoolwork or management his mood. And recently, being away at boarding faculty is just getting worse–Percy might have sworn his pre-algebra trainer changed into a monster and tried to kill him.
When Percy’s mother finds out, she is aware of it’s time that he knew the reality about the place he got here from, and that he go to the one place he’ll be secure. She sends Percy to Camp Half Blood, a summer season camp for demigods (on Lengthy Island), the place he learns that the father he by no means knew is Poseidon, god of the sea. Quickly a thriller unfolds and collectively along with his mates–one a satyr and the different the demigod daughter of Athena–Percy units out on a quest throughout the United States to achieve the gates of the Underworld (situated in a recording studio in Hollywood) and stop a catastrophic struggle between the gods.